Jordanian soldier convicted in shooting deaths of 3 US troops

0
2

AMMAN, Jordan — A military court in Jordan has convicted a Jordanian soldier in the shooting deaths of three U.S. military trainers at the gate of an air base.

The defendant was sentenced Monday to life in prison with hard labor.

He had pleaded “not guilty,” saying he opened fire because he feared the base was coming under attack.

The three U.S. Army Green Berets were killed Nov. 4, as their convoy waited at the base gate. Jordan initially said the Americans triggered the shooting by disobeying entry rules, a claim that was later withdrawn.

Relatives of the slain troops were in court on Monday.

Several had previously criticized Jordan’s handling of the case and said the maximum possible sentence of life in prison was not severe enough, calling for the death penalty.

Click to view the original article on the NY Post.

SHARE
Previous articleDonald Trump approval rating now worst of any president in history, poll finds
NYPost
The New York Post is an American daily newspaper, primarily distributed in New York City and its surrounding area. It is the 13th-oldest and seventh-most-widely circulated newspaper in the United States. Established in 1801 by federalist and Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, it became a respected broadsheet in the 19th century, under the name New York Evening Post. The modern version of the paper is published in tabloid format.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here