President Trump’s Twitter tirades have continued unabated – but recently not via his unsecured Android phone, according to a report.
The commander-in-tweet has sent his fulminating missives from an iPhone since March 8, The Guardian newspaper reported.
Trump watchers previously said tweets sent via an iPhone app were from his more circumspect aides, while the impulsive ones sent through an Android were directly from the president.
But both types of tweets now seem to come from the same app, the paper reported.
It was not immediately clear if Trump has ditched his Android device or if he is dictating his tweets to a staffer using an iPhone.
He has used a Samsung Galaxy S3, which was first released in 2012 – an eternity in cell phone technology. The device could no longer run the latest, most secure versions of Android.
It has been suggested he may have spoken with world leaders on an unsecured line prior to his inauguration, according to the International Business Times.
When he took office, Trump – a technophobe who eschews emailing — was reportedly given a secure phone similar to the device provided to President Obama.
“For security reasons—this is a great phone, state-of-the-art—but it doesn’t take pictures, you can’t text, the phone doesn’t work, you can’t play your music on it,” Obama said of his phone during a 2016 appearance on the “Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.”
Ironically, Trump used to tweet from an iPhone before he called for an Apple boycott because the tech giant opposed FBI calls to unlock an iPhone that belonged to dead San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook.